Monday 13 August 2012

I just can't help myself...

... I see a blog hosting a free Block Of The Month (BOM) for yet another Sampler Quilt and what do I do?  Note all the blocks in my quilting book and go hunting for fabric - sheesh - like I need another project!

If you click on the Bloggers BOM button on the sidebar it will take you to Canton Village Quiltworks who are the hosts of the Bloggers BOM.

A fun BOM which started back in September 2011 and is running until October 2012 - so I figure it's not too late to start.  Jackie from Canton Village has asked other well know Quilters for their contributions, which means that each month there is a guest block designer.  Her only specification to the Designers is that they use the Kaffe Fasset Collective fabrics which she sent them.  And, from jumping around the relevant blogs of the Designers, the blocks look fantastic.  Finishing at 8in square, they are easy to make, all pieced and look really effective.

Do you think I should use my Kaffe Fasset and Phillip Jacobs collective too?


Oh, and the white fabric - that's a French General print which I love with the brights of the KP and PJ fabrics - I think that the white fabric really makes the other fabrics sing. 

The bonus of starting the Bloggers BOM is it will actually be a stash-busting project - I don't need to buy a thing to make the quilt including the thread, backing, borders, binding and batting.   Very exciting......

No comments: