Sunday 9 August 2009

Blue and White with Red Stars

This week I have made quite a bit of progress on my Blue & White Toile Cross Stitch. I am very pleased with my efforts so far - vbg. I am now up to the very boring part of the border which is quite a lot of solid colour before stitching a blackwork style pattern over the top. I love how the shading in the pattern makes it seem 3 dimensional...



And..... because I can't help myself, I have just started to make the stars for the first installment of the Land of Liberty BOM which is being offered online. It's a great quilt pattern, one which is using up some of my stash, with only the creamy background colours needing to be purchased. I figure I have enough for the centre of the quilt, but am not sure about the outer borders. Those fabrics can be decided upon at a later date when I know how much fabric is required. Here are the first 4 stars (6in finished), which are the centres of much larger (15in finished) blocks....

Ahhh - DH has just put a nice coffee on the desk in front of me....... time to go and be sociable while stitching some more blue cross-stitch border.

1 comment:

BizarreQuilter said...

I love the grapes on here...

At least you can do the blue borders while you are talking or watching telly - you don't need to follow the chart then...