Thursday 9 June 2011

City Lights

Another UFO bites the dust! From 2006, this quilt top has been moved around my sewing room several times. Currently off being valued, it is my donation to my children's school for their Auction Night - I have to say, I am quite nervous about what the Quilt Valuers have to say and what the response will be on the Auction night.

My own design using a selection of Kaffe Fasset fabrics. A very simple but effective quilt with Colorburst fabric for the outer border and hidden stars. The design is reminiscent of a city skyline at night. Lots of lights against a dark sky, the winds of change combine with thoughts and dreams, swirling up into the darkness, towards the stars which are just out of reach, promising new tomorrows.Below, quilting detail in the border, don't look too closely - vbg.... :)
And, below, quilting detail of the main part of the back. Quilted by me, on my DSM with Raiman Variegated Rayon Machine Embroidery Thread. Unfortunately the flash blew out the colour a bit, but I think it shows the vibrance of the quilting and how interesting the back is.
Off to work on the next project now!

1 comment:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous...love the stars...lucky school!!