Monday 2 April 2012

Busy with "Just Takes 2"

Since the beginning of the year, I've been following the fun over on the blog Just Takes 2 .  A new venture from Brenda at Dear Jane and Gay at Sentimental Stitches, this new project is turning out to be quite a bit of fun, well, actually, I'm loving every little part of it!  The philosophy is simple - 2 Friends and 2 Fabrics will make 2 Quilts.  The full history is on the Just Takes 2 Blog.

Here are my efforts so far this year.
Blocks 1 - 6 
 
Blocks 7 - 11


Blocks 12 - 13
I'm about a month behind at the moment, not having completed all of the March blocks due to my slowness at completing the optional Stitcheries.

Within one of the local quilt groups, there are approximately half a dozen ladies also working on 'Just Takes 2' and the variety of colours is fantastic.  You simply cannot choose a bad combination it seems when you add a cream or white to another colour.  It's so lovely to suddenly have a little group within a group to be sharing our quilt blocks - and the rest of the group is enjoying the eye candy I'm sure  :)


3 comments:

Noreen said...

Eye candy. I love the expression. And yes, sharing is the best!

Kerry said...

Can't go wrong with blue and white. Love your blocks. Lucky you to have a small group to compare with.

BizarreQuilter said...

Looking good!!