Monday 9 July 2012

Traditional Tuesday - pt 2

The 5th January seems almost like a lifetime ago, yet it's only been 6 months - that's when I last posted about Traditional Tuesday.  As I mentioned way back when last January, I have been following the very fun weekly blog sew-a-long which Jenifer Dick from 42 Quilts is posting each week. 


I am on track and up-to-date with making the blocks, just a little behind in posting pictures of them, so here we are, up to block 19.


Sit back, relax and enjoy what I think is some nice eye candy!  By the way - did I mention how much I am enjoying the making of these blocks?


Block 2 - Log Cabin

Block 9 - String Block

Block 11 - Bow Tie
 Block 12 - not yet made


Block 13 - 9 Patch
 Block 14 - not yet made

Block 15 - Double 4 Patch

Block 16 - Square-in-a-Square

Block 17 - Hour Glass

Block 18 - Flying Geese

Block 19 - Star
I am pretty happy with how my blocks are turning out.  I have selected a medallion applique centre for my quilt and will select a large flower from that applique to put onto blocks 7 and 14, instead of the "Holiday" themed ones so that the centre will tie in more to the blocks.  


Off to photograph the next set of blocks now.......

No comments: