Tuesday 2 April 2013

Progress - slowly, slowly....

.. is what has been happening over the past 6 weeks while I have been absent from Blog posting. 

I have totally revamped an 8yr old UFO and it is now partially quilted instead of being a pile of cut up fabric squares in a shoebox.  All I did was change the background, then I fell back in love with fabric squares and used a new (to me) pattern from the Moda Bakeshop and my mojo came back.  The large central pinwheel panel of the quilt is from the Moda pattern and the border is my own design as I wanted to make the quilt larger. 

Pin basted and more quilting to do.  Binding is made!

Then, I took out a jelly roll and a large piece of calico with 'bubbles' on it and got very busy making a quilt top for a Christmas Challenge and that is ready for sandwiching.  I already have a quilting plan in mind and am keen to "strike while the iron is hot" and begin the quilting tomorrow.  While the outer border is my own design so that I could use up the bulk of the jelly roll, I need to contact the magazine where the large central star pattern was published to ensure that I can hang the quilt at a couple of exhibitions.  Then there will be a full quilt photo for you to see.  Meanwhile, I will show you a snippet...


There is more to come next week.......  stay tuned.... my mojo has returned! :)

No comments: