Tuesday 26 January 2016

Hexagon Runner

Simple, fun and easy.  A delightful little runner which I made on a rainy afternoon a few months ago.

Designed by the ladies at Patchworks Unlimited, this particular project came as a pattern with small pieces of oriental fabrics to make the hexagons.  I used a tone-on-tone fabric with gum leaves printed on it for the background, backing and binding; and then used pellon for the wadding.



I stitched around the hexagons with gold metallic thread for a luxurious touch.  

This was a very calm and peaceful project to make.  It now resides on my bookcase with a fabric dragon and snake for company.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Very nice Andrea

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great simple design for hexies...love it, lucky dragon to live on it (I'm ignoring the arrgghh snake!)...

Moose-ings said...

Love that pattern!

Andrea said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. :)