Wednesday 31 August 2016

Little Red Cardigan

A finish from quite a while ago, Easter actually, I had just simply forgotten all about sharing the finish.

A red cardigan, for my niece, for her birthday.  My sister chose the colour, so I knew it would be the right choice.

There were 3 different patterns of knitting throughout the body and sleeves; it didn't get boring because the stitches were changing regularly.


This photo below, shows off the bands and part of the main body.

This next photo shows the lovely rib detail around the yoke and shoulders.

An absolute delight to knit and it's a pattern I'll definitely make again.

Pattern:  Was in a magazine, designed by Sirdar.
Knitted:   Size 6-7 girls in 8ply merino magic by heirloom yarns.

2 comments:

Jo said...

It looks lovely. I'm sure it will look very sweet on...

BizarreQuilter said...

I love it.

We only have 2 weeks each winter where we would wear woollens. Hardly seems worth making it. I had such plans for knitting for my children! hahahahahh

Knit away and do share away. xo