Translate

Friday, 13 January 2017

Six projects in 10 days!

Last post I wrote one project at a time - but I just cannot help myself.  However, lots and lots of progress has been made on 6 projects!  One simply cannot get bored....

So far, so good - here's the update:  
1.  Book It Challenge #1 - "Poppies" table runner (see previous post) all shapes are cut out and fused to the background.

Fused pieces, ready to applique.

Miscount - had two extra leaves, so have stuck them on the back.


2.  Merry Mayhem - New Year's Day Mystery - (44in x 48in) 
quilt top completed, with backing and binding made.  Every single thing in this quilt, top, back, binding, wadding and thread is all from stash.  It's on my UFO list because it was started before Jan 1.




















I changed the size of the larger background pieces to make it a good cot or lap size quilt.  I am really pleased that each block has it's own star in the centre.  A moment of serendipity with where the colours ended up does make me smile.  There's always some trepidation with a mystery quilt, but I worried needlessly with this one! :) 


3.  Flying Kids - my own design, for which I have completed the top, backing and binding.  Will have it's own post next week.


4.  AP&Q+ Stashbuster Project - Part 2 - not touched, but thought about.  Have made a decision on my choice of applique picture for center block because I don't really like the one in the magazine pattern - sun bonnets are not my thing.
Block 1

Block 2
Block 3



Bonus projects - oh ooops...


a) WITB* - Strippy Stars project, will be somewhat smaller than originally intended because I stole the blue fabrics from the box to make #2 above.  Opening the box caused me to re-evaluate that particular project and why I had stopped working on it.  I will not make the full original pattern, but just complete the partially made stars and then decide upon a setting. 



b) WITB* - Purple Butterflies - stopped approximately 2 years ago because I didn't like the applique thread.  What had initially seemed OK, actually was too light when stitched.  Yesterday 2 friends came for a sewing day and were asking me about the butterfly quilt - pulled it out and had a look.  Last night while watching a movie, I unpicked the applique stitching and re-pressed the top.  It is now ready for me to machine applique with new thread.



Having made progress and decisions about 6 projects is such a relief.  The thought of finished projects being visible in the near future is a great motivator!   Especially as 5 of these projects are more than a couple of years old......


+  AP&Q = Australian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine.

*  WITB = what's in the box/bag/basket - another fun little challenge to play along with


5 comments:

Jo said...

Good to see you are doing some sewing and have done another post... hope the family is doing well. What's happening with a move. Keep me updated.....

Bizarre Quilter said...

Oh yes! Fist pump!

This is what I miss! Please don't think there needs to be a finish to show us your progress!

No, you are definitely not a Suebonnet girl. heh heh...

The blue star quilt top is smashing! So twinkly.

I have so much William Morris fabric in storage. It will be fun to dig it out one day. xoxoxo

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well you have given 2017 a good start...busy busy...good luck with the move...

Moose-ings said...

My, you have been busy! Cool projects, I especially like the APQ challenge; gorgeous colours.

Melsquiltingblog said...

I lover your Book It challenge.
I'm working on mine too, but the progress is slow.
I need a couple days along in the studio