Tuesday 10 April 2018

Pink!

When I realised we had a family gathering at our house for Easter Sunday, and that my neice's birthday is close to that date, I couldn't help myself, I had to make a cake with pink.  Something that is very rare in my house of boys.

A pale pink, nice and subtle is what I had hoped for, nope, I poured a bit too much food colouring into this icing....


A beautifully, feather light chocolate sponge, made by me.  I am so pleased with how the actual cake turned out - it was perfect and I quite surprised myself with that one!


Decorated with wafer flowers and Persian fairy floss, my niece's eyes lit up when I showed it to her.

Gathered around the outside table, we managed to shield the cake enough to stop the wind from blowing out the candles and sing happy birthday.  There was very little cake left afterwards - it was  delicious.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Look s yummy. Hope to catch up with you soon.

Moose-ings said...

Pretty!

cocoya said...

It's gorgeous, Andrea! I love the use of Sashiko in between the other squares. I'm sure your friend will love it.

ผ่านเว็บ B2BET